Nanuk reusable desiccating containers protect all types of articles from deterioration, rust, corrosion, mold, mildew, and other damage caused by moisture or high Humidity.
Simply place a desiccating container together with the article to be protected in a tightly closed or sealed moisture resistant container. Desiccating container will rapidly and active remove moisture and maintain dryness of the surrounding Air to protect against moisture damage. It will absorb up to 34% of its own weight in water vapor. Silica gel beads are Orange in color when active (dry). when used as a desiccant, the gel beads will gradually change color from Orange to Green.
Once the gel beads turn Green they are no longer active and must be heated to remove the accumulated moisture using a conventional oven at 250 Degree F for 3 hours. Avoid overheating while drying. When the color of the gel beads returns to Orange, the canister is ready to be reused.
- Desiccant material: orange silica Gel beads
- Size: L5.9" X W3.5" X H0.4"
- Packaging material: canister - aluminum. Outer packaging - foil bag
- Shelf Life: removed from foiled bag: 3-6 months (Depending On use) sealed foils bag: up to 3 years
- Storage: Store in a dry cool area out of direct sunlight