Browning X-Bolt 6.5 CM SS Stalker ND
The X-Bolt Stainless stalker is anything but high maintenance. With a matte Stainless steel barrel and action, it will endure punishing weather and terrain and still give you the thoroughbred performance you can expect from a Browning rifle.
Accuracy abounds. Good looks and durability only mean something if your rifle has an equal level of accuracy. The X-Bolt platform has proven itself as capable of exceptional accuracy. In recent years this has caused it to be compared with the performance of custom rifles costing thousands more.
Stainless is the big difference. This attractive and weather-resistant bolt action rifle is similar to the X-Bolt Composite model, except for a Stainless steel receiver, barrel, and bolt. It has a comfortable palm swell for right-hand shooters, textured gripping surfaces for keeping your hands where they should be on the stock, even in wet and cold conditions. This model also features a deluxe Inflex Technology recoil pad and sling swivels. If you are looking for a hardcore bolt action rifle that you can rely on, in the rugged areas and inclement weather conditions hunting deer, elk, varmints and the like, the X-Bolt Stainless Stalker is your rifle. Today's Stainless Stalker's stock is rugged, durable and good looking with its matte deep gray (gray/black) finish.
- The X-Bolt is free-floated by bedding the front and rear of the action for stability and to help maintain barrel to stock spacing for consistent accuracy. A recessed muzzle crown helps protect the rifling from damage.
- For precise shooting in the field or off the bench, there’s absolutely no substitute for a good, predictable trigger. The X-Bolt’s new three-lever Feather Trigger provides a clean, crisp pull with no take-up or creep and minimal overtravel. The trigger is screw adjustable from 3 to 5 lbs. and factory pre-set at approximately 3 1/2 lbs. An alloy trigger housing contains the hard chromed steel components that are highly polished on all critical contact surfaces. Precise engagement angles mean the X-Bolt Feather Trigger feels light and right and stays that way through many thousands of rounds. Unlike competitors’ triggers with secondary fingerpiece levers, the Feather Trigger is designed right, from the very start.
- Securely mounted optics are essential to the accuracy and precision of any rifle. To ensure the new X-Bolt rifle has the most stable mount possible, it features the X-Lock scope mounting system. The X-Lock system uses four screws per base, replacing the traditional two-screw system. The benefits are obvious, with the scope bases being secured at all four corners rather than only held at the center of the base. This allows for more accurate placement of the bases on the receiver. This revolutionary X-Lock system holds the base tighter to the rifle than ever before.
- The new Inflex Technology recoil pad is the most comfortable, effective pad available. That's because Inflex Technology is more than a mass of recoil absorbing material, the innovation is engineered into the pad. Underneath the material, an internal skeleton has been designed using the concept of directional deflection. When a Browning with the Inflex recoil pad is fired, the pad collapses, but instead of simply moving to the rear, directional ribs pull the comb down and away from your face for even greater shooting comfort and faster follow-ups.
- The bolt unlock button is a feature found on the Browning X-Bolt and the AB3 bolt action rifles. It works in conjunction with the top-tang safety to provide an added measure of safety during checking and unloading of the chamber. Conveniently located on top of the bolt lever, the bolt unlock button allows the bolt to be unlocked and opened with the safety in the on safe position. The safety blocks the trigger sear and features a firing pin block for added safety. This feature is likely one of the most understated and under appreciated of Browning features until you actually use it. Then it becomes an integral part of the use and operation of your rifle.
- A 60º bolt is something you want. Browning X-Bolt, A-Bolt and AB3 rifles have a short 60° bolt lift. Many competitors' rifles incorporate a 90° bolt lift that is not only slower and cumbersome but places the bolt near or on the rifle's scope, making the bolt more difficult to operate. The 60° bolt lift has been a hallmark of Browning bolt action rifles for over three decades.
- X-Bolt Magazines. They are constructed from a durable lightweight polymer, the magazine is designed to feed cartridges directly in-line with the bolt, instead of offset as with traditional leaf-spring magazines, for a straight shot right into the chamber. An ergonomic magazine-mounted release lets the magazine rotate directly downward and into your hand. The magazine sits flush with the bottom of the rifle for a sleeker appearance. Additional magazines can be kept loaded and carried in your pocket or pack for easy access.
|Action Length: Short Action||Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor|
|Barrel Length: 22"||Overall Length: 42"|
|Length of Pull: 13 5/8"||Drop at Comb: 11/16"|
|Drop at Heel: 1/2"||Weight: 6 lbs 5 oz|
|Magazine Capacity: 4||Twist Rate: 8"|
|Barrel Finish: Matte||Stock Finish: Non-Glare Composite Finish|
|Receiver Finish: Matte||Chamber Finish: Polished|
|Barrel Material: Stainless||Barrel Contour: Sporter|
|Stock Material: Composite||Recoil Pad: Inflex 1, Small|
|Pistol Grip Cap: None||Checkering: Textured Grip Panels|
|Sling Swivel Studs: Matte Blued||Receiver Material: Stainless|
|Trigger Finish: Nickel Plated||Bolt Slide Finish: High Gloss|
|Magazine Type: Detachable||Trigger Material: Alloy|
|Trigger Guard Material: Alloy||Trigger Guard Engraving: Buck Mark in Gold|
|Floor Plate Material: Composite||Drilled and Tapped for Scope: Yes|
Contact us for our return policy.
Shipping calculated at checkout.